Every time I reach for Morey’s Seasoned Grill Salmon, I find a new and delicious way to use it in my cooking. The versatility is amazing. Whether you are preparing it as a main dish with a healthy side of vegetables or a salad or incorporating it into a recipe, the possibilities are endless. For instance, it makes a great ingredient in a simple but delicious snack to bring to any potluck!
Potlucks are a great way to get together with friends or coworkers while not having to break the bank to feed a crowd. I’m always trying to find something new and exciting to bring. All too often, we reach for the quick and easy chips and dip or deli items because we just don’t have the time to prepare something while running around with our busy lives. Salads and pastas are something else often gracing the tables at the company pot luck, but how about trying something different and fun! Finger food fun with Salmon Caesar Pinwheels.
Morey’s Seasoned Grill Salmon is quick and easy to prepare. It can be grilled or baked in about a half your and it takes little time to cool once complete. My preferred salmon preparation is to use the grill. Place aluminum foil on grill rack and spray lightly with cooking oil to keep fish from sticking and breaking apart. Place, flat side down, on med-high grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, turn fillet over and grill an additional 3-4 minutes.
While salmon is cooling, chop ¼ cup green onions and ¼ cup Kalamata olives and place in a bowl. Mix in ¼ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup Caesar dressing and ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Flake cooled salmon and incorporate it into the mixture. Place lavash bread or flour tortilla on top of a piece of cut parchment paper (I use Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Lavash Bread. It is very thin and flexible and it’s great if you are trying to eat healthier). Spread salmon mixture to the edges of bread then cover with spinach. Carefully roll the lavash bread into a roll and wrap with the parchment paper. Place the roll in the refrigerator for about an hour to chill. Once chilled, remove from the refrigerator and unwrap the parchment paper. Slice the roll into one-inches slices and place on a plate for serving.
Salmon Caesar Pinwheels
- 4 fillets Morey’s Seasoned Grill Salmon
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Caesar dressing
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach
- Lavash bread or large flour tortillas
- Prepare salmon according to package directions (grill, bake, microwave or saute)
- Allow salmon to cool. While salmon is cooling, chop green onions and Kalamata olives
- Mix chopped onions, olives, Greek yogurt, Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese
- Flake cooled salmon and incorporate into the mixture
- Place lavash bread on top of a piece of parchment paper
- Spread layer of salmon mixture over lavash bread
- Top salmon mixture with a layer of spinach
- Tightly roll lavash bread and wrap with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator for one hour to firm
- Remove roll from parchment paper and slice into 1-inch slices