Eggs St. Charles
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 Tilapia fillets, about 3 ounces each
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or clarified butter
- Salt and pepper
- 8 poached eggs
- 2 cups hollandaise sauce
- In shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fillets in flour.
- Dip the fish in the egg wash and coat with corn flour.
- Heat the oil or butter in a large skillet, then fry the fish over moderately high heat until crisp (about 4-5 mintues), set aside.
- Blot fish on paper towels.
- Divide the fried Tilapia between four serving plates and top each fillet with a poached egg.
- Spoon hollandaise sauce over the eggs and serve.